Current time: 06-20-2018, 02:15 PM
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Extenditude Ideas
05-12-2012, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2012 01:43 PM by ac3xx.)
Extenditude Ideas
Hey,

I just thought we should list all the ideas we can come up with for Extenditude in one thread and then we can rule any out or whatever.

Feature Ideas
New things we could bring to Extenditude.
  1. Blog for latest technology and gaming news.
  2. Profile pages with 'walls' to allow people to comment.
  3. Monster Hunter tournaments of some kind?
  4. Bring back the Minecraft server!
  5. Minecraft competitions/tournaments.
  6. Big fancy prizes!
  7. Giveaways (games and if we get really successful, maybe even consoles?)
  8. Graphic of the Month competitions.
  9. Website of the Month competitions.
  10. More mangas/comics.
  11. Lots of Monster Hunter montages.
  12. Monster Hunter gaming videos.
  13. Other gaming videos.

Theme Ideas
Things to do with the theme can go here.
  1. Colour changer.
  2. Width changer.
  3. Custom backgrounds.

Post any ideas you think I should add to the list!
05-12-2012, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2012 02:23 PM by MegaSlasha.)
RE: Extenditude Ideas
I Shall Comment Away Big Grin

Blog for latest technology and gaming news.

Sounds like a good Idea if anyone is willing to do it Smile

Profile pages with 'walls' to allow people to comment.

All i can say is that it seems fair too like facebook but its something cool that would only add to the website

Bring back the Minecraft server!
Minecraft competitions/tournaments.

I don't know how many people play Minecraft here, or what the old server was like ? Were you paying a monthly fee for it ?. But if popular i can run and maintain a server for a few people.

Big fancy prizes!
Giveaways (games and if we get really successful, maybe even consoles?)

I would say think about this when the time comes Smile

Graphic of the Month competitions.
Website of the Month competitions.

Good idea Big Grin I dont know if you could implement badges to show who's won what ?

More mangas/comics.

If people are making them post them Big Grin

Monster Hunter tournaments of some kind?
Lots of Monster Hunter montages.
Monster Hunter gaming videos.
Other gaming videos.

Sadly i no longer have a PSP to play monster hunter, although i was thinking of importing monster hunter 3rd HD for the PS3 and deal with the Japanese. Although monster hunter really revolves around fastest times, so i suppose you could just have a leader board .
05-12-2012, 02:58 PM
(05-12-2012 02:22 PM)Apple Wrote:  Bring back the Minecraft server!
Minecraft competitions/tournaments.

I don't know how many people play Minecraft here, or what the old server was like ? Were you paying a monthly fee for it ?. But if popular i can run and maintain a server for a few people.
We own and run a Minecraft server host called MCNode.com so we wouldn't be paying anything for it but it's only worth it if people will play it and contribute. I'm sure we can get plenty of people on it but if they aren't contributing to the site as well it's not worth doing.

(05-12-2012 02:22 PM)Apple Wrote:  
Big fancy prizes!
Giveaways (games and if we get really successful, maybe even consoles?)

I would say think about this when the time comes Smile
Yes it can be expensive if you're giving away lots of things that are worth some money.

(05-12-2012 02:22 PM)Apple Wrote:  
Graphic of the Month competitions.
Website of the Month competitions.

Good idea Big Grin I dont know if you could implement badges to show who's won what ?
We've already got something like that here to show who took part in Minecraft events so it's certainly something we can do.

(05-12-2012 02:22 PM)Apple Wrote:  More mangas/comics.
If people are making them post them Big Grin
We'd have to get people to make them so is it something that is worth doing?

(05-12-2012 02:22 PM)Apple Wrote:  Monster Hunter tournaments of some kind?
Lots of Monster Hunter montages.
Monster Hunter gaming videos.
Other gaming videos.

Sadly i no longer have a PSP to play monster hunter, although i was thinking of importing monster hunter 3rd HD for the PS3 and deal with the Japanese. Although monster hunter really revolves around fastest times, so i suppose you could just have a leader board .
We're trying to become a community for all technology and games, the problem I see is that focusing around one game only brings traffic for people interested in that game...
05-13-2012, 01:49 AM
ALL VERY GOOD IDEAS! I love the profile idea: we can see our badges and trophies on thereBig Grin And all the other stuff is great! LolXD

[Image: fyfyc6.png]
Rate Me!
05-18-2012, 07:19 PM
(05-13-2012 01:49 AM)DigitalTRIM Wrote:  ALL VERY GOOD IDEAS! I love the profile idea: we can see our badges and trophies on thereBig Grin And all the other stuff is great! LolXD
I'm currently working on improving profiles. I just need to redesign them now!
05-19-2012, 01:39 AM
I am a bit off,But I would like to suggest if possible to put a bit of lively colors or interface on the boards,uhmm...to be honest,It looks like a bit dull compared to other boards i have been to. It will contribute as well to attract people to go to a "sexy" board.

[Image: sigpic10914_1.gif]
05-22-2012, 11:13 PM
I think some kind of giveaway where you can win Xbox Live/Microsoft Point cards, PSN Cards, Nintendo Point cards etc... possibly the giveaways could be:

Top poster (monthly basis)
Most referrals
Topic with highest views, winner is the thread starter with the highest views
05-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Giveaways wouldn't be like that - those would be competitions. Big Grin
05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
(05-22-2012 11:15 PM)Clarkie Wrote:  Giveaways wouldn't be like that - those would be competitions. Big Grin

You know what I meant Tongue
06-30-2012, 12:35 AM
I was wondering if you could add a new thing like a referral system, if we don't already have one, so basically if we take this scenario in to consideration, say I get 5-10 people new then I get a reward of something, doesn't have to be anything expensive, it can as simple as 10 coins, and maybe the reward goes when you get like 25, then 40, so gradually people get more friends and people to join, also what exactly can you do with these coins?

Creator of Mini Bulletin

Website Developer

Module Developer for NWE/MCC

http://script47.tk