Current time: 12-07-2021, 01:46 PM
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admins
12-31-2012, 07:51 PM,
Admins
Hey

Just made Ranos and Danzell full admins. For now I suppose you are in charge because I'm struggling to keep up with all the work I've got on right now. Obviously we haven't seen James for ages, don't think he remembers about us! :O

Need me to update any stuff over FTP or whatever just give me a shout. Smile

Jack
01-04-2013, 02:17 PM,
RE: Admins
i have a question on this. when you back up the sql file the sql file contains what? the posts, and the users(with all related data to them)?

because if it is like this, we should back up the files, delete all of them from the server, then re-installing mybb, then restore the database.

what do you guys think?
[Image: 312jpzt.jpg]
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in.
Press any key to continue, where's the any key?
01-05-2013, 12:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013, 12:34 AM by ac3xx.)
The SQL file contents all the content and settings for the website. Everything except images pretty much.

We could start again from scratch getting rid of all the old themes, attachments etc but if we decide to do that we should plan it first and create a new theme etc.
01-05-2013, 09:40 PM,
The theme I made is still avalable for use ^-^
[Image: Watermarksmall.png]
01-05-2013, 10:45 PM,
oh also what should we do with the orphaned attachments? should we clear them?
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in.
01-06-2013, 03:36 PM,
Yeah orphaned attachments can be cleared. Smile
01-06-2013, 05:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013, 06:00 PM by voteman.)
you sure? i`m asking cause there are a lot of them :haha: and they might be from saves threads we did previously.
probably orphaned when you reopened the site. they are all on 01-15-2012
01-06-2013, 06:19 PM,
(01-05-2013, 12:33 AM)Clarkie Wrote: The SQL file contents all the content and settings for the website. Everything except images pretty much.

We could start again from scratch getting rid of all the old themes, attachments etc but if we decide to do that we should plan it first and create a new theme etc.

well i just downloaded Navicat Essentials i can open the sql file and split the tables into smaller sql then rebuild the sql file back. there are some files that are corrupt so even if we import them on a fresh mybb it`s still the same.
currently unconfirmed thouh :haha: i`m trying to figure how to "upload" stuff on a xampp server.:dead:
01-09-2013, 12:39 AM,
I wouldn't mess about with it. Extenditude is a huge database, if we do any moving we will not be importing the database but simply directing the new files towards it.
01-11-2013, 08:11 PM,
mm yea. maybe not rebuilding but removing. about that you`re right. it`s like an MS Access database.

i just realized that what i wanted to do would remove the primary keys and the links between the tables.