GTA VCS and LCS 26.09% 6 26.09%
MHF2 34.78% 8 34.78%
Gran Turismo 17.39% 4 17.39%
Other (please post a reply) 21.74% 5 21.74%
Total 23 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What new games should we start hacking?
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
RE: What new games should we start hacking?
i agree with apple. i know a few people who dont play MHFU, but would join the site if you started hacking the other MH games.
01-18-2010, 08:24 PM
I can hack Monster Hunter for PS2 if you have a compressed PS2 save file.....
01-23-2010, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2010 09:32 PM by darkai.)
I vote for Gran Turismo. It's pretty simple with no career. Unlocking things is one of the easier things to do, right? Well, all GTPSP is quick races where your only goal is cash. There are no name changes because it uses your PSP's name.

BUT, (And this is a big but), GTPSP saves are locked to the PSP that created them. So, that could create some issues with editing saves.

GTA has a lot of things to hack, don't know if that's good or bad. I never really cheated on GTA to unlock anything, just to use cheats like money and health or spawning cars. Plus, GTA came out a while ago. Maybe if they make "San Andreas Stories."

MHFU is my first monster hunter so I don't know what is missing from it that would make people want to play an older version of MH. But, apparently people do. Maybe older MH games would take less work to figure out than the other games since MHFU is already being hacked.
01-24-2010, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2010 02:49 AM by TucanoXD.)
I don't own any of the poll options, so I chose other. Dissidia, Dynasty Warriors: Stikeforce. I might be the only person interested in this. Um, even Castlevania?
02-06-2010, 05:53 AM
@Ejak
Nothing is really missing from MHFU, that i believe anyways. The only reason i would like MHF2 hacked is because my friend refuses to upgrade for w/e reason and i would like to have a uber character to play MP on it with him Tongue
02-07-2010, 12:21 AM
I vote Mhf2 XD
02-10-2010, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 07:59 PM by darkai.)
(02-06-2010 05:53 AM)Kozarr Wrote:  @Ejak
Nothing is really missing from MHFU, that i believe anyways. The only reason i would like MHF2 hacked is because my friend refuses to upgrade for w/e reason and i would like to have a uber character to play MP on it with him Tongue
I think they might have changed the balance for some of the weapon classes between games. I read on GameFAQs that Lances used to be really great, so they made them less good. I don't know how much it would change in 1 sequel, though.

@Everyone: Any comments on GTPSP's save locking? Have hackers gotten around this problem with other games that have locked their saves?

edit: How about hacking Armored Core 3 Portable? You could also hack Silent Line which is basically AC3 with different (and fewer) missions and more items. I imagine hacking one would teach you quite a bit about hacking the other.
02-10-2010, 10:16 PM
wat about Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce its like mhfu but less stuff but more fighting
02-10-2010, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 10:54 PM by darkai.)
I played Dynasty Warriors once. It seemed like the opposite of this game. In MH, you have one huge boss to kill. In Dynasty Warriors, you have over 9000 grunts to kill, but win by killing a general who is a bit tougher. Nothing against it--might be a good game to hack--but, just saying.

Also, don't they release DW games kind of frequently? If they hack a new game, it'll have to be one that is played by a large-ish group of people. If a new DW game comes out every few months, then the individual DW games won't have as many players as a game in a franchise which only has a sequel every year or so.

Granted, it seems like MH games are great in number, so I don't know if they have this problem too. But, MH games have a lot of playability.
02-10-2010, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 11:28 PM by Borikevo23.)
GTA liberty city stories as well? its probally the only game im godlike on lol and dynasty warriors i never knew i could get it for my psp though