Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word That You Don't Believe In
01-10-2011, 09:08 PM,
RE: Word That You Don't Believe In
God
(01-09-2011, 12:09 PM)Hydraclone Wrote:
(01-09-2011, 11:32 AM)Ranos Wrote:
(01-09-2011, 07:48 AM)Ishzark Wrote: Well we all have our opinions Hydra. Sad I wont push our religion on you but, The Lord has done so much for us over the years it unreal. Both of my parents, my dad twice, have fought cancer and lived Smile My dad was also involved in a motocycle accident (wasnt his fault) and is still riding. Crystal has had an imminsley hard life, from her parent disowning her, to being almost homeless if it wasnt for the Lord allowing us to meet. We have become stronger in the Lord and will continue to grow.
XD A few strikes of good luck and you beleave there's a god? Oh well, every one thinks differently ^-^ I'm also glad your father is doing well, seems like he's been though a lot.

In my opinion religion bring nothing but war, pain and missary. Terroist do what they do because of their religion. Most humans are very gullible, that's why they follow these riligions blindly.
That's quite an uneducated statement Ranos. =/
The terrorist are from specific religions because some (most) of the higher ups are corrupt, and can use their position to make up rules and get their pawns to do what they want. Hence the Muslims gaining a bad reputation (though from reading a portion of the Qu'ran, they are by far the most corrupt and disgusting religion to date).
Religions are sets of rules. Back in the day they didn't have a very good system for law and order, thus they had to have people believe that what they did in this life affected what happened to them in an after one. It's all a form of control.

Ishzark, I'm a believer of science and evidence. I'm glad your Dad is okay and that Crystal and yourself have managed what you have. The fact remains though, that there's no evidence a divine being interfered.
Similar story, had I not intervened my Fiancé probably wouldn't be here right now. It was however, my choice. My Fiancé used to be religious. Say a prayer before every meal. This is when I first met her. I was willing to accept that, again, as long as she didn't force it on me. Things were complicated for her at school. That I will not explain. She searched, but she could not see any divine face peering down on her. She's never done anything wrong and always looks to please others, yet her Lord was punishing her, for nothing. After some time, she grew tired of waiting for Him to jump in. She couldn't see him ready to help. She couldn't see him at all. She lost her faith for this reason. There's nothing there in her eyes. If the Lord could save your Dad from cancer twice and allow you and Crystal to meet, then why couldn't he help her? It was a much more simpler situation than cancer. There is far too much evil and corruption in this world for me to ever believe.
That said, I'm not one to judge on religion. It's who you are that matters to me. (Of course, as long as you don't try to ram religious quotes and ideals on me, because that irritates me).

I really hope that this doesn't offend anybody. :shy:

Clone

I personally feel that God is not necessarily this being that can do anything, but exists. If you look at the various arguments for the existence of God there is one known as the First Cause argument. It basically says that everything has a cause, like a line of dominoes requires something to push the first one, the creation of the universe, whether from the Big Bang or not, must have had a cause. However far back you trace these causes there must have been something at the very beginning and that is God.

Whether God is an ultimate being that is all powerful, all loving and all knowing or is an unstable particle that caused everything to be made I do not know. People say that the bible covers many impossible events and use this as an argument against the Christian idea of God. I personally believe the Bible is a representation. For example, in Genesis it is told that the Earth was created in 7 days. I believe this means the Earth as we know it has come about through 7 periods of time. Some of the Bible sounds more dubious but considering it was put together by priests thousands of years ago so it's inevitable that some of it won't fit with the rest. This doesn't mean that it is not true.

(01-09-2011, 12:49 PM)ac3xx Wrote:
(01-09-2011, 11:32 AM)Ranos Wrote: In my opinion religion bring nothing but war, pain and missary. Terroist do what they do because of their religion. Most humans are very gullible, that's why they follow these riligions blindly.

I agree with that. Religions cause trouble, upset, and distrust.

(01-09-2011, 12:09 PM)Hydraclone Wrote: The terrorist are from specific religions because some (most) of the higher ups are corrupt, and can use their position to make up rules and get their pawns to do what they want. Hence the Muslims gaining a bad reputation (though from reading a portion of the Qu'ran, they are by far the most corrupt and disgusting religion to date).
Religions are sets of rules. Back in the day they didn't have a very good system for law and order, thus they had to have people believe that what they did in this life affected what happened to them in an after one. It's all a form of control.

Actually, most/all wars and fights are due to what people believe in religiously or otherwise. It may be true that Muslims have a bad reputation because the higher up members of their religion are corrupt, but not all world conflicts are around Muslims. For example, both World Wars happened because of what the different countries believed in. In WWII, the Allied Forces believed that the invasion of Poland was wrong, and therefore declared war on Germany because of their beliefs.

People say religion only causes death, arguments and suffering. In many cases this is true but in many other cases it is also the cause of happiness, friendship and sometimes you could even say it causes life. As I think Hydraclone stated, most of this corruption comes from high up within religions. If you look at the Roman Catholic priests abusing children, that is the church but it is not the people of the religion. They, in fact, were disgusted by what had happened and you cannot stereotype the whole religion from the minuscule amount of people that committed such crimes.

(01-09-2011, 12:49 PM)ac3xx Wrote:
(01-09-2011, 12:09 PM)Hydraclone Wrote:
Ishzark, I'm a believer of science and evidence. I'm glad your Dad is okay and that Crystal and yourself have managed what you have. The fact remains though, that there's no evidence a divine being interfered.

I agree with this statement, if there was a God/Super-being, why does he let terrible things happen. Why does he let the Afghanistan situation go on, becoming more serious by the day.

That's part of my view on religion.

One thing that God is said to have given us humans is freedom. If he controlled such things that would be taking away such freedom. Instead what we have is a feeling of morality. The inner feeling, through conscience, that something is right or wrong. It is generally accepted by the huge majority of people that murder is wrong but why? There must be something controlling this inner feeling? Many believe that is God. You could argue that if morality exists, why do some people not have the same inner sense of what is right or wrong, yet this links back to my point that God gave us freedom. Ones sense of morality seems to be effected by their environment and upbringing, as we have freedom then this explains how such manipulation can be performed on people.

Selflessness
(01-09-2011, 02:29 AM)itachi91422 Wrote:
(01-09-2011, 12:58 AM)Lolpandawin Wrote: Eh ill throw some of my opinions in here "Selfless" I honestly believe there isn't a single act in this world that isn't selfish... Even if its something like making a MH save for someone , we wouldn't do it if there was nothing for us to get out of it ... Even if it's that warm fuzzy feeling it sill counts.... Therefore I believe selflessness is a huge lie.
I agree with you Lolpandawin, there no such thing as being selfless, people just think selfless mean doing for others but when they do it they want something in return

I also completely agree, however I believe there are some deeds that are less selfish than others. For example, if you cook yourself dinner you get the dinner to yourself, however if you cook dinner for someone you only get the feeling of doing good.
01-11-2011, 12:50 AM,
I don`t believe the words coming from politicians
[Image: 312jpzt.jpg]
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in.
Press any key to continue, where's the any key?
01-11-2011, 01:15 AM,
I just say politicians are just upgraded forms of bullies
in other case they're were bullies and turn into politicians
Itachi91422

[Image: ceo.png]
01-11-2011, 12:00 PM,
I must say you did make a lot of sence with what you said Clarkie.
[Image: Watermarksmall.png]
01-11-2011, 05:15 PM,
Religious Views IMO = Meh.
[Image: 2d1le9c.png]
If you want to thank me, click here
01-11-2011, 07:12 PM,
I guess it's a good thing that it's optional, I just think it's a shame some religions don't give their children a choice.
01-11-2011, 07:22 PM,
I was baptised. I'm an Atheist. I don't like religion.

My parents aren't religious. Meh. Tongue
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM,
Yeah, in Christianity you can be baptised without being confirmed.
01-11-2011, 07:47 PM,
I know.
01-11-2011, 07:57 PM,
But my point is in some countries people don't get a choice and I think it's a shame..