Current time: 01-19-2018, 12:41 AM
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Android Icecream Sandwich Announced
05-24-2011, 12:03 AM
Android Icecream Sandwich Announced
Hey,

I don't know how many Android fans are among us but you may be excited or interested about the upcoming Android OS. It's been called IceCream Sandwich, following in the footsteps of all the other Android OS', being named after a desert, and so far all we know is that it will be a bridge between Gingerbread and Honeycomb - the latest mobile and tablet Android OS'. This should potentially help developers as they will have less to consider when developing apps for devices.

I'm looking forward to seeing what new features will be added and what features will be brought in from Honeycomb and Gingerbread. Hopefully this will be released by the end of the year so all those Christmas presents will be running the latest version.

What are your thoughts on this?

Clarkie
05-24-2011, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2011 12:42 PM by Rector54.)
RE: Android Icecream Sandwich Announced
I only no android by version numbers. Like honeycomb is the 3.0 is this going to be 3 as well?

If I have ever helped you plz click this link!

[Image: logo2hi.png]
05-24-2011, 05:10 PM
i dunno abt a new android os maybe an update to 3.0 cause it has a some weak points. i`ve seen it run on a samsung galaxy tab. has a big lack on apps and when navigating on the net it tends to show wap pages instead of normal ones...which is a big minus for me.
also has some problems with multitasking giving an error about misbehaving apps in the background.

[Image: 312jpzt.jpg]
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in.
Press any key to continue, where's the any key?
05-24-2011, 06:13 PM
(05-24-2011 12:41 PM)mrgnome Wrote:  I only no android by version numbers. Like honeycomb is the 3.0 is this going to be 3 as well?
No they wouldn't share numbers. We don't know what it will be yet. Apparently Honeycomb and Gingerbread are very good so if it's the best features from each it should be great.

(05-24-2011 05:10 PM)Danzell Wrote:  i dunno abt a new android os maybe an update to 3.0 cause it has a some weak points. i`ve seen it run on a samsung galaxy tab. has a big lack on apps and when navigating on the net it tends to show wap pages instead of normal ones...which is a big minus for me.
also has some problems with multitasking giving an error about misbehaving apps in the background.
It hasn't got lots of them but it has most of the big ones. As for WAP pages - just like all other mobiles there are workarounds. I've never heard of multitasking errors... Are you sure it wasn't the Galaxy Tab (original) which runs on 2.2?
01-04-2013, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 02:12 PM by voteman.)
haha i can`t believe i just said some nonsense in there.

anyway. Praise the lazy asses of LG they finally managed to get an ICS update for LG Optimus 2X @ December. and i finally managed to to install it yesterday.

I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in.
01-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Finally haha. ;L And their best phone yet in the Nexus 4 is already 2 versions of the OS ahead...
01-05-2013, 12:53 AM
meh LG barely pooped the 4.0.2 it`s crap for me. especially the camera software. i hate it when i get my hopes up for nothing.

01-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Go Nexus next time. Wink
01-06-2013, 05:51 PM
hah Smile) i need money for that xD

01-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Less than almost every other brand. Wink